Applied Wins SMART Indivo Developer Challengeby Applied Informatics
We were just informed by the folks at Health 2.0 and the SMART-Indivo platform that our entry was adjudged the best application in the SMART Indivo Challenge! A big congrats to our tech team for getting the application in. We submitted Webnotes, is a really nifty application that allows you to browse the web and bookmark pages of interest that are automatically linked to your personal health record on the Indivo platform.
Specifically, WebNotes is
- SMART‐Indivo web app that enables patients to store web page snippets directly into their Indivo PCHR.
- The app works across all browsers as a bookmarklet and allows patients to categorize the link into different folders for their problems, medications, allergies or lab results.
- Enable patients to share a given snippet with their care network or print to discuss
Why did we build WebNotes?
- Patients routinely search for and discuss health information found on the Web with their doctors
- Patients often use ad-‐hoc tools such as notepad, printouts, emails to store and share links found the on the web
- Providers are often unable to verify the source of the information
WebNotes in Action
The images below show how the users can use WebNotes to bookmark web pages and save them in their PHR for further review with their providers/caregivers and family members