Time, the Most Important Asset of a Human Being (Web Developers included)by Yaseen Dar
Time is the most important asset for every human being. It is the most valuable thing a person can spend.
Value of Time
- To realize and understand its value, ask an old man how his time passed.
- To realize the value of ONE YEAR, ask a student who has failed a grade.
- To realize the value of ONE MONTH, ask a mother who has given birth to a pre-mature baby.
- To realize the value of ONE WEEK, ask an editor of a weekly newspaper.
- To realize the value of ONE DAY, ask a daily wage laborer who has kids to feed.
- To realize the value of ONE HOUR, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.
- To realize the value of ONE MINUTE, ask a person who has missed the train.
- To realize the value of ONE SECOND, ask a person who has avoided an accident.
- To realize the value of ONE MILLISECOND, ask the person who has won a silver medal in the Olympics!!!
Time is the capital of life; to do something in our life we require this capital. Proper utilization of time means proper utilization of life, so every human being needs to properly utilize his/her time.
Time management is about managing yourself in a way that you make use of the time sphere that you are in.
Today the concept of time management has become very relevant due to modern day distractions such as social media, video games, mobile phones.
As per Stephen Covey
“Time management is the process of planning and exercising conscious control over the amount of time spent on specific activities, especially to increase, effectiveness, efficiency, or productivity.”
In order to use time effectively and productively we should keep these things in our mind before doing any stuff
- Proper Planning
- Prioritizing Tasks
- Utilizing leisure time as a backup
- Focus and Avoiding Distraction
Planning, prioritizing and avoiding distractions during work will always result in better time utilization. And beware the social media distractions, o ye web developers!